This world that we live in is constantly telling us that more is better. We get caught up in the lies that more clothes will make us happier and more words will make us heard.
Despite this modern day message I am trying to appreciate simple.
Simple wardrobes are worn more frequently and simple recipes are made more frequently. The recipe I am sharing today only requires three ingredients and is one I am sure you will make often.
If you haven’t already jumped on the green-smoothie bandwagon this is your chance. Green smoothies have become my secret weapon. The orange juice gives me a burst of energy and I get to eat a whole serving of vegetables without even tasting it! It’s a win-win really.
Pair this with avocado on toast and you have the ultimate breakfast. Sip this poolside and soak up the sunny days ahead. Simple bliss. What are you waiting for? Blend away.
3 Ingredient Green Smoothie
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1 cup of spinach (packed)
Directions: Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until well combined. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
- If you do not use a frozen banana just add a few ice cubes to keep it a cool treat.
- I have also tried the recipe using 1 cup of kale instead of spinach. It is still good, but produces a much “greener” flavor. My advice is to gradually increase the amount of kale you swap for spinach.
- Add a tablespoon of chia seeds if you feel like it. You really can’t go wrong.
- The striped straw pictured will not affect flavor, only awesome-ness.